IEC REQUIREMENT

Discussions concerning the Canadian job market and Foreign Workers eligibility.

IEC REQUIREMENT

Postby Andreea » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi guys. I'm applying for IEC program next year so I'm gathering all application documents. Now I'm searching for the insurance plan and leaning towards getting it from my home country, it looks cheaper there. Have anyone been in Canada under IEC with non Canadian insurance? Does that contain any sort of risk?
Thank you in advance
Andreea

Re: IEC REQUIREMENT

Postby MadMan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Andreea wrote:Hi guys. I'm applying for IEC program next year so I'm gathering all application documents. Now I'm searching for the insurance plan and leaning towards getting it from my home country, it looks cheaper there. Have anyone been in Canada under IEC with non Canadian insurance? Does that contain any sort of risk?
Thank you in advance

Good day Andreea,

I don't see any risks associated with buying the insurance plan from your home country. However, you need to be cautious about couple things.
Firstly, waiting time for reimbursement can be longer if you are not insured with the Canadian company. In fact, sometimes the local insurance company would directly pay your medical bill, whereas, I believe, it is not possible with non-Canadian insurance company.
Secondly, a good customer service that can advice you with hospital or physician to visit. Other than that, buying a plan from your own country is totally fine and I don't think you will have any issues with that.
In case you are interested in Canadian plans, visit this website to check the rates, maybe you can find a cheaper one!
MadMan
Beginner

Return to Temporary Foreign Workers